Santhigiri Research Foundation (SRF), the research division of Santhigiri Ashram, was established in 2007 as a means to generate comprehensive vision for a sustainably peaceful society by undertaking research covering the spiritual and material planes of human life. Eradication of hunger, creation of healthy humankind, and imparting a new vision of life founded on spirituality are the three pillars to establish such a society. Scientific research in SRF will address issues of hunger and livelihood, aspects of human development such as culture, health and education, and the philosophy and experiences of spirituality. SRF is recognized as SIRO (Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. Santhigiri Scientific and Industrial Research (SSIR) and Santhigiri Social Research (SSR) are the two divisions of SRF.
Research Institutes/Centers functioning under Santhigiri Social Research Division
Research Institutes/Centers functioning under Santhigiri Scientific and Industrial Research Division
1. Navajyothi Karunakara Guru Research Centre for Ayurveda and Siddha (NKGRCAS): Approved Research center affiliated to M.G.University, Kottayam
NKGRCAS, located at Uzhavoor (Kottayam district), at the ancestral home of K.R. Narayanan, the former Hon’ble President of India, was dedicated to the nation in 2005 by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh.
K.R.Narayanan Institute Biotechnology under NKGRCAS, located at the ancestral home of K.R. Narayanan Uzhavoor (Kottayam district) is affiliated to M.G.University, Kottayam.
2. Santhigiri Global Centre for Bio engineering and Nano biology (SGCBNB), located at SRF headquarters, Thiruvananthapuram.
3. Santhigiri Centre for Product Development Research, Santhigiri Ashram, Thiruvananthapuram
4. Santhigiri Center for Biodiversity and Medicinal Plants Conservation, Santhigiri Ashram, Thiruvananthapuram
5. Santhigiri Institute of Bio-Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram (Affiliated to Kerala University)